我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sleepless in Singapore

It's 4.24 in the morning. Why am I sitting in front of the computer at this hour of the day?

I should have seen it coming as I drank the potent cup of 铁观音 to "wash down" the oil from the hearty dinner. I had earlier drank a cup of 3-in-1 coffee at 5 pm and many many cups of 瘦梅 during dinner. It was a BIG mistake and I am paying for it right now.

After lying on the bed wide awake for hours, listening to some continuous snoring, I decided to blog. Ha, I am even more diligent than x**x**, the "hot" blogger of the town.

Back to the dinner.

Last night was my first "official" gathering in 2008 with my NUS classmates. We had long talked about dinning at Lei Garden and we finally done so last night. While gossiping about our classmate, ST, who has made it big and moved into his own condo in Bukit Timah (the guys said ST gets something like 11 months bonus yearly!) and discussing about full medical check-up plus my HDB tai-tai status, we ordered and ate the following food:

1) 醉虾 - Though MJ ordered this dish, she refused to eat after we were shown the prawns before they were cooked . The prawns were indeed very "fresh".


2) 北京烤鸭


3) 海中宝-Mark insisted on drinking some soup (typical Cantonese) so we ended up with this bowl of really expensive double-boiled soup. It's really very tasty!


4) 肥猪肉 (忘了叫什么名字)


馒头是配肥猪肉吃的

5) 煲饭-quite salty and ordinary


6) 榴莲(找不到木字旁的“连”)布丁-All of us changed our order after listening to the manager's recommendation. It's indeed good, much better than the 黑糯米 at Li Bai.


I was taken by surprise when Mark assured me that it is perfectly OK for a woman to stay at home and not work and I should not feel embarrassed about it! Haha, but he said whether or not he would allow his (future) wife to stay at home is a different story! Wah, double standard!

After dinner (and burning a hole in our pockets), we continued with KTV. Mark has learnt many new songs and I have not heard most of them. Errrr.... what has HDB tai-tai been doing? He was in top-form last night, probably one of his best. R impressed us with his version of 《小情歌》 so much so that all of us concluded that he has ditched his "玉女形象“ and moved on to be a “实力派”. Hahahahaha! Of course, MJ is still our heavenly queen. She should really make singing her career. Maybe join 《超级星光大道3》? Too late, the audition is over? As for me, I am still Ella singing Jay's songs! Poor LJ, she sat there for 4 solid hours listening to us! Going to KTV is fun, especially when you are with the right group of people!

I reached home at 1.30 am. I am really tired BUT UNABLE TO SLEEP! Now, I am even more wide awake. How? I think I can walk the birthday boy to the MRT station later since I am probably not going to sleep yet. Poor birthday boy! He has to serve the nation on his birthday, a SATURDAY some more! What 5-day work week???!!! He is going to be VERY sulky today. I better be good and NOT step on his toes. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: