I am normally too lazy to walk to TB Market for lunch but today, I wanted very much to try the wanton mee. There was a super long queue the other day when I met Mark and LJ for lunch. To my disappointment, the stall was closed today. Luckily, there was another stall selling wanton mee and I decided to patronize the stall.
I ordered my wanton mee and casually asked the lady if they had moved from the nearby coffee shop to TB Market. She told me they are still selling at the coffee shop. This stall is a branch and is managed by the eldest son. The coffee shop is managed by the father. Ha, mystery solved.
When she handed me my order, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the words "thank you". Wow, I am impressed. For a long long time, very few stall owners/sellers have said thank you to me, the customer. Usually, I am the one who thanked them. I seriously think that they deserved to be thanked for cooking for me or selling me something I need/want. It's basic courtesy. Sad to say, these days "thank you" is a rare and "expensive" phrase that don't come easy. I noticed that only the older generation will thank people. Youngsters these days ...... *shake head*
I guess the lady's "thank you" helped to make my day. I love good service and when I receive such service, I find it hard to say no. For example, when I go shopping, I will normally end up buying something if the service is good, even though I may not have the intention to buy initially. I am a customer who is easily fooled by good service. Hahahaha.
Back to my lunch. My wanton mee tasted really good! I can even have it for dinner tonight! :)
And after eating the mee, I bought myself an ice-kachang. I love ice-kachang since young! These days it is difficult to find good ice-kachang (those with very very fine ice) and this isn't too bad. It reminds me of the good old days. :)
On my way back, I bought 2 cha siew buns for tea. I am a glutton!
It's really good to be staying here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment