我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lunch Date & a Shopping Tuesday

I was awakened by the ringing of the house phone at 10 am yesterday morning. It was YQ on the other line. He called to tell me that he would be setting off for his "field trip" soon. I could hear the sian-ness in his voice but what to do? Guys have to fulfill their "national duty".

After ending the conversation, I reached for my handphone. There were 2 missed calls from YQ and an sms by Mark. Mark texted:" Lunch at TB Mkt later? I go pick u up. I lunching with LJ." This is rare. I replied asking for the "pick-up time".

So at almost 12 noon, the 3 of us were at TB Market having lunch. This is quite a weird combination if you understand the "chemistry" between us. Mark was going for an interview at LJ's office so he decided to meet up with her before the interview. I came into the picture as I was 1) eng and 2) live in TB.

We parted at about 1 pm. I did not take Mark's car as I wanted to go shopping at Orchard. That was a mistake. I should have gone home instead.

I have no idea what came over me. I just kept shopping and shopping. I have turned into a shopaholic (probably because I was reading the Shopaholic series the night before)! From Isetan Scotts, I walked to Tangs and continued shopping at Isetan Wisma, Ngee Ann City, Paragon, Hereen. After an early dinner at Pasta Mania, Cineleisure, I went back to Isetan Wisma, Tangs and Isetan Scotts. My "achievement" at the end of the day was unbelievable! I bought 2 pairs of shoes (I usually have great difficulty buying shoes) and 1 bag (the 3rd one in a week)! I think I am crazy. Maybe even possessed by some shopping spirits!

Sigh! This is VERY VERY BAD! I have decided to refrain from going to any shopping areas at least for the next 2 weeks. Maybe I should keep all my credit cards and ATM cards at home. This should help, I hope.

No comments: