我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Birthday Dinner

I had planned to bring Birthday Boy to Cafe de Amigo for dinner on his birthday. Luckily he came home in the late afternoon, just in time for dinner.


I have dined at this restaurant before with Qian & Co. when it was still at Specialist Shopping Centre. The food did not impress me then. After reading BM's blog, I decided to give it another try and I am glad to say, I wasn't disappointed! :)

The Citibank 1-for-1 set dinner was quite a good deal. Highly recommended!

Back to our dinner. We were given some bread as usual. I think we were too hungry that we finished everything in the basket. :)


We wanted to order deep fried cheese and soft shell crab but the latter was not available. The waitress recommended baked scallops and fish roll instead and we accepted her suggestion.

Fish Roll (only 3!)

Yummy! I love cheese!

We ordered 2 different soups.

Potato Soup

French Onion

YQ liked the potato soup better as he found the French Onion too salty.

After having the soup, I was already half-full. Haha, but I know I will be able to finish the main course and dessert!

Seafood Platter for YQ (need to top-up another $4)

Chicken Chop with Black Pepper Sauce for me

I love dessert! I highly recommend the apple pie. It's a must try! The Lemon Souffle looks good too but we didn't want to top-up too much so we only changed one of the tiramisu to apple pie.

Very very comforting!

Tiramisu

It was a great dinner, much better than I expected. It's not cheap though but we both agreed that it's worth the money. I offered to pay for the meal but Birthday Boy insisted on paying. Wow, so good! 赚到一餐! I feel a bit guilty not getting him a birthday gift. Haha!

On our way to look at cameras, we met SP and her mum. She was there to source for Wii and we helped her to "bargain" with the shop assistant. She finally bought it after thinking for so many months. YQ helped her to carry the Wii to her studio and we helped SP and ZW to set up their TV and Wii set. The guys played a few rounds of PES 2008 (soccer game). I was quite bored looking at them playing. Nearly fell asleep. Haha!

We left at around 11 pm. I was really tired as I did not sleep much the day before. I am still feeling very tired. I need to zzZZZZ more. :)

No comments: