After much dilly-dallying, we finally left the house at 11 am. We had earlier planned to have brunch at this famous restaurant:
红星 is more than 30 years old. YR (and I think MS also) had his full-month celebration held here. The signboard looks really retro.
I was attracted by the words "美食四大天王".
We were brought to this small squarish table at a corner. I wasn't very pleased with our location. It was simply too inaccessible.
Each time a trolley of tim sum passed by, everyone would turn his head and follow the direction of the trolley. Our location was too secluded. No trolley would come near us. We could only look on.
I guess my face was a little black as we had nothing to eat. One kind lady walked past and asked if we would like to order some porridge. Yes, we quickly placed our order with her and continued to wait eagerly for some trolley to come near our table.
Finally, the first trolley came. We ordered this fried prawn dumpling.
Shortly after, our porridge arrived.
We continued with our attempt to catch the attention of the people pushing the trolleys by raising our hands. Finally... ...

After eating all the tim sum on our table, YQ said it's time to "surrender" but we have yet to eat my so-called 点心铁三角! No way am I going to leave!
So we rested while waiting for my 铁三角 to make their appearance. YQ figured out that it might be faster if he would to make a "pre-order". Indeed, we managed to get 2 of the 铁三角 after a while.
We decided not to wait for the 3rd one as we were too full. So what was supposed to be the 3rd one? Make a guess! :)
We like 红星 as it's probably the only restaurant (or one of the few) that serves tim sum in those trolleys.
On our way home, we went to TBP to get this:
This is the latest release from Nintendo and it is selling like hot cakes (in terms of pre-order sales) even before its official release in Singapore! Review is very positive. However, I don't think this is my cup of tea though I like Mario! I am waiting for Mario Kart. That would certainly interest me! Hahaha!

2 comments:
Is it 排骨?
Good try but that's not my answer:)
Thanks for guessing! You are the only one who has attempted to guess. Hahaha!
Post a Comment