我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lunch @ Home

The packet of mini asparagus was still in my fridge (as at yesterday morning). They were leftovers from my previous attempt to "imitate" Sam Leong. To save food, I decided to cook the same dish for lunch.



This time, I removed the toothpicks before serving the dish. Yes, the fish remained intact and did not unroll as expected.

While steaming the fish, I marinated 2 chicken thighs in all the Japanese sauces that could be found in my kitchen. I had planned to cook them for dinner but WL and Pauline invited me to join them for dinner at Great World City so I did not cook dinner.

As a result, the thighs were marinated for almost 24 hours. When I steamed them for lunch today, I was so proud of my creation. The chicken tasted really good! I think marinating overnight does improve the flavour.





YQ asked me what happened to the chicken skin. Hmmm, they were already skinless when I bought them from NTUC. Hahaha!

No comments: