我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Monday, March 3, 2008

Orchard Road Revisited

I was msn-ing with YR yesterday morning and he asked if I would like to join him and XY for lunch at Chinatown. I thought for a while and declined as YQ and I decided to make another trip to Orchard Road, to make up for the unfulfilling trip on Saturday.

Bus No. 5 came shortly after we reached the bus-stop. We alighted at Scotts and crossed the overhead bridge to Far East Plaza. I wanted to try the food at this restaurant, Mogu-Mogu, since reading about it in some magazine.





The restaurant felt a little Japanese, mainly due to the 2 ordering machines.





It's a touch-screen. Upon payment, a receipt, not a coupon, would slide out from one of the slots and your order would be printed on it. This is slightly different from the system in Japan.

We took a seat and when our order was ready, the "chef" called our order number and YQ went to the counter to collect our food.

Our lunch order:



YQ ordered this normal looking tonkatsu "set" while I insisted on trying their kawaii set.





Kawaii-ne!

After eating for a while, my hands got a little itchy and I started taking photo of the half eaten character. :)



A bit saddistic, I would think. Hahaha.

The food was so-so, nothing fantastic. If not for the character bento sets (and maybe the ordering machine), there's anything special worth mentioning. I asked YQ if he would come here again, he said probably not.

After lunch, we went to Sunny Bookstore so that YQ could re-live his childhood. Of course, he bought some books there - 2 in fact! Sigh! We went home after his shopping spree at Kino and our short visits to Coach and LV at Ngee Ann City. No, I am not buying any LV stuff. However I was at Coach with an agenda. Hahaha, Ban promised to help me buy (note: help only) a Coach bag if he happens to pass-by the store but I must let him know which bag to buy before he leaves for Boston. Yeah! (but I think he won't have the chance to do much shopping so I better not have high hopes.)

On our way home, I went to NTUC to buy some food. We have been eating too much recently so something simple and very light would be good.


This soup (plus rice was) all that we had for dinner. 吃了太多大鱼大肉、山珍海味,这锅青菜豆腐反而更觉美味!

I finally opened the box of Fancl 青汁 that we bought from Osaka and made 2 glasses of it.



Luckily I added some apple juice. Without the apple juice, it would taste very "raw".

Finally, it was time for《超级星光大道II》! While I was glued to the TV, I applied both the face and eye masks.这叫善用时间!

PS: The trip was only fulfilling for YQ, NOT for me. Hahaha!

No comments: