我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Search for a New Chair

This was what we had for dinner last night. Can you guess which restaurant we were at?



Hahahaha, we were at Ikea! The "Today's Special" was braised rice. We thought it was pretty strange to find such a dish in Ikea. Out of curiosity, we ordered 2 sets of Today's Special and 2 chicken wings.

On a closer look, this was how the Today's Special looked like. The taste was better than we expected.



(Side track a little, there were 3 HPPS pupils sitting at the table in front of us, with their mother. I don't think they recognized me. Phew!)

We were at Ikea to purchase a chair for the new study table. We wanted something cheap and made of another texture other than wood, as we hoped to produce a different effect using the “混搭" concept.

After some careful considerations, we bought a plastic chair. Assembling it was quite a big challenge. It took us quite a while to complete the assembly.

This is the Ikea Snille chair that we bought:



Yes, it's pink in colour! Doesn't really match with the colour scheme of our house but we wanted to try something different. Pink adds a bit of funkiness to the house and a little clash in colour scheme is still within our tolerance level. Haha.

When I was watching 《赌场风云》,YQ came out of the study.

YQ: Do you know who designed the chair?

Me: I think it is someone by the name of "something Beng".

YQ: No la, it's by Steve Jobs, the "Apple designer".

Me: Really?

YQ: You don't believe me? You see for yourself.


I turned and peeked through the glass window.

Yes, our Ikea Snille chair became an Apple product!






(See the Apple sticker?)


I was deceived once again.


好傻好天真啊!

Hahahaha!

2 comments:

kOi said...

oh no, i am equally dumb! I was very amazed and showed ZH, he immediately said its the apple sticker! ZH: Hahahaha!

bump's hope said...

Finally finished reading ur blog, is terrific, i enjoyed reading urs. Great! Reminds me of my outdated blog that i ve not touched for a long time :P