我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

We usually roam the streets on Saturday afternoons but this time, we decided to stay at home. This is VERY RARE.

Predictably, YQ spent almost the entire day sleeping while I over-utilized the TV. While watching "Engine" on Channel U, I took some time off to prepare dinner.

Found this packet in the kitchen cabinet several days ago and decided to cook this for dinner. I quickly sliced some chicken meat and in a few minutes time, dinner was ready.





The gravy looked a bit yellowish under warm light. It should be white in colour. The coconut smell was quite strong. To "off-set" the cholesterol, I cooked some lettuce and egg tofu soup.



The egg tofu could barely be seen. They were "camouflaged" by the lettuce.

Just when I thought we would spend the rest of the night watching TV, YQ proposed going to Bukit Merah's Scanteak to "take a look" at the writing tables. So I dumped all the dishes into the basin and we quickly left the house to begin our search for a new table.

Yes, we managed to find a suitable table and placed an order for it. In fact, all the 3 models looked quite good and he had a difficult time deciding. The table is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. (Don't ask me why we need to buy another table. Hahahaha!)

Before making our way home, we stopped over at Bukit Merah's NTUC. This is the BIGGEST NTUC I've ever been to! It's 2-storey and they sell almost everything, including 金银纸! Unbelievable! After searching for some time, we finally found the kitchen towel holder and bought it after confirming with MS (it's a bit expensive so we needed to make sure it's the "right" one). It's sticking nicely on our fridge now, like this:



We also bought some cakes back for breakfast. It's those cakes that we used to eat when we were young, those made of butter cream!





是不是很有童年的味道? 尤其是那块“苹果蛋糕”!:)

We felt a sense of tranquility walking in Bukit Merah Central. The feeling was amazing, hard to describe. It's really an old estate and we could see many old folks standing around, looking at the street performances and watching the vcds screened by the vcd shops. The hottest vcds were those featuring Lydia Sum. Even in NTUC, they were playing a vcd featuring her and Zhou Huajian, singing together.

After alighting at the bus-stop outside TBP, we made our way to Mr Teh Tarik and ordered our sinful supper.





It was quite difficult to find roti-prata in this neighbourhood until Mr Teh Tarik opened recently. The prata looked and tasted normal but the teh tarik was very frothy! Yummy!



Upon reaching home, I washed the dishes, washed up and poured a nice glass of Choya for myself. :)




The Disney glass is kawaii right? :)

Suddenly, I heard someone say, " We have 2 fruits at home! Not 1!" I turned around and guess what I saw?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Faint!!!



This "pear" is a kitchen timer that he bought from Giant earlier this year.

Yes, 1 banana + 1 pear = 2 fruits!

Mathematics - Passed!

2 comments:

ah bao said...

i am so entertained by ur blog...=)

scgoh said...

Is this a compliment? Hahaha!