我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Valentine's Day Dinner

Last year, we had McDonald's meal at home. So this year?

We went to eat 肉骨茶 at 亚华, near our place. In case you are not aware, this is the shop 香港特首 patronised after 亚细 rejected "his reservation". The first time we went there was during our house renovation period. Our ID, Derrick, drove us there for supper one night.

Back to our dinner. We ordered the standard 肉骨茶、油条、豆干 (tau-pok)、薏米水 and tried something new - 猪肚汤. This is the first time I've eaten 猪肚. I don't really like eating internal organs but 猪肚 tastes better than I expected.


(There's some reflection on the bak-kut teh)





After dinner, we went to Great World City for a walk. I nearly bought the 3M mop stand so that the micro-fibre cloth would work better. It's quite difficult to stuff the cloth into the Magic Clean mop. In the end, I did not buy as I vaguely remembered that Giant has a value-pack on sale. I'll probably check it out at Giant first. Auntie mentality at work again!

We bought a pint of black sesame ice-cream from Island Creamery for tonight's dinner at DP's place. I'm looking forward to it but can we avoid the topic of my unemployment PLEASE ??? Hahahaha.

I realised that I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day. I don't recall ever dining at fancy restaurants or eating any Valentine's special dinner. In fact, when we were dating, we always somehow ended having a tiff on V-day. It's a curse but luckily, it's broken after marriage. :)

I like the surprise I received yesterday morning! Really unexpected. :) Thank you, hubby! Taureans are materialistic! Hahahaha!

No comments: