我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Celebration

2 weeks ago was YQ's birthday. I had wanted to give him a treat at Jade but the response for their dim sum buffet promotion was overwhelming. The staff told me they are fully booked till June! Amazing!

We decided to try out the dim sum at Lei Garden instead. The food was not bad. However, on second thought, I think I prefer Crystal Jade Golden Palace.

As usual, we over ordered. These few dishes were just the tip of the ice-berg. Haha!



After doing some window shopping, I suggested going to Royal Copenhagen for tea. This was our first time there. The place was bigger than I thought. We were lucky to get a window seat. Watching the rain while sipping tea was extremely relaxing and therapeutic on a Sunday afternoon. That helped to take away a bit of my Monday blues.


I really like the teapot and teacups! It's so English! Wish I could bring some of these art pieces home but the prices are simply beyond me! Besides, we are so rough and unrefined, what if we break them while washing?


Their afternoon tea set looked very appealing! I think we will go back there for afternoon tea one day!

We went home and after a short run in the evening, we went to VivoCity for dinner. We wanted to eat pork knuckle (SINFUL!!!) at one of the German pubs but they ran out of stock. In the end, we went to Kim Gary again.




Birthday celebrations always end up as eating sessions! Maybe next year, we should do something different... Excessive eating is not good for health, especially when we are no longer young!

PS: The Goodwood Park durian fiesta is back! I bought a slice of their durian cake. It's HEAVEN!

No comments: