YQ has a new addiction recently. He is so addicted to RUNNING that I think it's getting a bit out of hand!
Ever since the Nike + ipod Sports Kit entered our home, he has been conscientiously monitoring his running speed and distance covered. Under normal circumstances, I would agree that running is a healthy sport and should be encouraged. But...... when it's closely linked to retail therapy, things get out of control. You should see the amount of "running related" things that have been bought over the month. They include running shoes, running tees, shorts, books/magazines on running, Pocari Sweat...... Is this NORMAL? I used to think that running is one of the cheapest sports but I have changed my mind. Hahahaha! So right now, "Kino" is no longer the buzz word. It has been overtaken by "Mizuno"!
Yesterday, he and his colleagues have even started a running club and their very own blog! The "virus" has spread!
Ha, I shall see how long his enthusiasm will last!
PS: YQ suggested that I take a photo of his running merchandise! Haha!
5 comments:
Hahahah. This's so funny.
What's the cause? It must be that book.
Perhaps, he can start to take part in marathons soon, if he continues to run like this.
Oh,that's a good idea, perhaps u can post a picture of his newly bought merchandise soon.
By the way, i also bought a pair of Nike+ shoes and i ve that running sports kit a few months back. able to track my running speed and distance too, has a sense of satisfaction each time i saw the time clocked, calories burned, my speed.
Now, i m thinking of buying a ipod nano and an armwrist bag, after reading that book, so that i can listen to some music while running. Hahaha.
The book came after the running craze. It may have some reinforcement element though. Hahaha. Photos? Wait till I have the energy to do so! :)
I think the ipod version is better. Since he has a Nano, it makes more sense to buy that instead of the one that comes with the wrist watch. I am also tempted to buy it but I would have to buy a Nano as it is incompatible with my ipod Mini. Hahaha. Trying to exercise self-control.
As I had a ipod nano, ZH bought the armband for me months ago. At 1st I was very "on" and was very motivated to run, I tot its "cool" wearing the apple product ....haha.....after a while I slack again...sigh..:(
I shall wait for your photos and what's the blog, I must add it as my bookmark ( see I so supportive ! :P)
So u don't track your distance at the nike website anymore? I think it's a cool device! A small gadget but it can actually track distance and "tell" you verbally!
Post a Comment