Verdict? He exaggerated. Or perhaps the feeling of being in heaven differs from one to one. The durian is really good but the oreo bits are a little too chunky for me. I was expecting something like oreo "dust". I guess there's a reason for making the oreo bits so chunky - to taste the oreo flavour.
MJ came over last night to try the cake. She too agreed that Mark has over-rated the cake. Haha!
Oh, we had dinner at 新海山 last night, before proceeding to my place for the cake. When the bill came, I was lost for words. I didn't expect the dinner for 3 to cost soooooooooooo much. Blame it on the chilli crabs!
Even as I was lying on the bed, I could still feel the pinch. This is likely to be my first and last crabby meal there. Haha.
6 comments:
the cake looks nice, wow, i think i m eager to give it a try too, is the cake ex? must reserve?
Chilli crabs, my favourite food. i love it. U ought to try the jumbo chilli crab, i usually order 2 big crabs when i visit the place. Go and be a jumbo member, can ve disocunts off. in Jan, is 50% off somemore.
There's 15% discount for Citibank and UOB Cardholders. It's ex! The cake cost $40 after discount. The durian promotion is on till july. The durian puffs look good too. No need to reserve but if you want to make sure they have stock, you can call to do so. :)
I've not been to Jumbo. Which is better? Jumbo or No Signature?
My colleague bought a slice of cake for me to try on Thu. I loved it, that's mainly coz I am a durian lover. This oreo durian cake tastes better than the original durian cake that Goodwood is selling. As for the crabs, I have tried both, Jumbo is cheaper than No signature, both are equally good!
Wow, your colleague is so nice to you!
We didn't get to eat at Jumbo the last time we met. Ha, maybe the next gathering? :)
i never tried the no signature before, i always go jumbo there, recommended by my sis who ve tried all crab places. call for reservation before gg down, i always to go the one nearer to the clarky quay mrt station, the one that is next to the merchant court hotel,that one is the best according to my sis.....Felt like gg back again
RJ, maybe we can eat at Jumbo when we meet up next time, when I pass you your Kose mask.
Post a Comment