我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers' Day Celebration

Something's not very right with our internet connection these days so I thought I better "write" this down before I am unable to go online.

Sunday was Mothers' Day. Like last year, we arranged my mum and mother-in-law to have lunch together. We made a reservation at one of the Chinese restaurants in TBP for 7. My bro-in-law is in Laos so he couldn't come. I had earlier heard that his gf would be coming but she didn't. I was quite glad. It would seem weird to have both her and my family around. It's after all MOTHERS' day.

Lunch was so-so in my opinion though my mum and father-in-law enjoyed the fish head. Ha, for your information, both my parents and my parents-in-law were born in the same year and they have the same Chinese Zodiac Sign. It was quite amusing when I first found out.

Back to the lunch. We ate for a long 1.5 hours (it's record breaking). I am seriously considering if we should do this again next year. Perhaps my mother-in-law would like to try something different - eat with bro-in-law's gf's mother? Haha!

I ordered a cake from HY for the so-called celebration. It's a lychee raspberry cake!


This cake is very light and refreshing and we enjoyed eating it. I was glad that I changed my order from the Chocolate Praline to this lychee flavour one. I don't think we could eat anything chocolate after the meal.

If anyone is keen to order some home-made cakes from my friend, HY, let me know. I can pass you her contact number! She can even make wedding cakes! WOW!

No comments: