We finally met at Li Bai @ 1830 hours today to feast. Before that, MJ and I went shopping at Isetan Scotts. I bought a limited edition set of Fancl cleansing oil while she bought a pair of pink shoes.
Ok, back to our dinner at Li Bai. The place is a lot smaller than I expected. Although it's a high-end restaurant, nearly every table was occupied. Singaporeans are really rich!
After sitting down, I started taking photos of the cutlery. Ha ha!
After examining the menu for a long time, we finally placed our order (or rather, Richard placed the order). The first dish was Bejing Duck.
The next dish was 鲨鱼骨汤. This soup tasted really good! I think it was the highlight of the dinner.
Mark insisted on eating abalone so we ordered some vegetable dish that contained abalone and sea cucumber. We couldn't afford to eat a whole abalone per person. So sad!
This 京都排骨 was quite hard but the sauce was nice.
The last dish was fried rice. The duck meat from our 北京烤鸭 was used in this dish.
No meal is complete without dessert! I had wanted to order fried ice-cream but upon hearing that this 黑糯米雪糕 is the signature dish, all of us changed our mind and ordered this instead.
I think this is quite easy to prepare. I shall buy the 黑糯米 from dessert stall and add ice-cream next time. Then I said that maybe we can have tau-suan ice-cream and we started discussing what flavour ice-cream would look good with the yellowish tau-suan. Strange, we did not drink any wine tonight but suddenly all of us so "high"! Ha Ha! Richard even brought a book of collections of 李白's poems for us to recite. He said he just know today that “窗前明月光……”is called《静夜思》! 天啊, 他可是中文系毕业的!
And of course, the highlight of the highlights was the bill! After 10% discount, the bill amounted to $387!
The entire dinner and the cost reminded us of a wedding dinner. I must say the service was quite good and they kept changing our plates. At the end of the meal, we were so boliao that we decided to take a photo to make it look like a "real" wedding dinner. Ho ho ho!
2 comments:
Wow! Almost all your blogs are about FOOD! You can apply to be a food critic.:)Anyway 能吃是福,continue to enjoy life!
It only goes to show that I have done nothing but EAT! Haha!
Post a Comment