I haven't been sleeping well, despite having a long weekend and a lower level of stress. I think there is a great amount of truth in “早睡早起身体好”. After sleeping at weird hours for the past few days, my body is beginning to signal to me that it needs some routine.
I spent last night adjusting the layout of this blog and reading "Conquering Your Quarterlife Crisis". Not to forget, considerable time was spent managing my facebook.
We will be meeting MS and Ban for tea later. I am looking forward to it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was raining cats and dogs at 2 pm. We braved the rain and made our way to Bras Basah area. We had a late lunch at 津津.

As usual, we ordered our favourite chicken rice and Hainanese pork chop.


By the time we finished eating, it was slightly past 3 pm. As MS and Ban were still on their way, we walked to 长河书局 to browse at some books. The entire bookstore was filled with the smell of books, specifically Chinese books printed in China. It reminded me of the good old days at NUS when I took several modules of Chinese Studies. The image of the CL library flashed across my mind. I remembered how I would travel to Bras Basah area to look for books on Chinese history and other stuff. It's been such a long time... ... Yes, I was once a Chinese Studies student. A part of me was linked to 中文系. It felt strange to realize that I have long lost that sense of belonging and attachment. What had happened to me?
Ban arrived at 3 plus and we proceeded to Ah Teng's Bakery where I indulged happily in a sinful cake set!

MS and Ban also placed their order.

MS ordered a William's - cake with pear fillings

Ban's chocolate and banana cake

My chocolate and cheese cake
We spent the lazy afternoon talking about 《色戒》, homosexuality, foreign talent, Hong Kong etc. MS left at 7 pm to meet SL and the 3 of us proceeded to the Hainanese coffee shop for dinner. Seems like a repeat telecast of what we had for lunch.

马来风光

海南猪扒

招牌豆腐
Conclusion: I spent the final hours of the long weekend EATING, EATING and EATING! There goes my diet plans!
I spent last night adjusting the layout of this blog and reading "Conquering Your Quarterlife Crisis". Not to forget, considerable time was spent managing my facebook.
We will be meeting MS and Ban for tea later. I am looking forward to it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was raining cats and dogs at 2 pm. We braved the rain and made our way to Bras Basah area. We had a late lunch at 津津.
As usual, we ordered our favourite chicken rice and Hainanese pork chop.
By the time we finished eating, it was slightly past 3 pm. As MS and Ban were still on their way, we walked to 长河书局 to browse at some books. The entire bookstore was filled with the smell of books, specifically Chinese books printed in China. It reminded me of the good old days at NUS when I took several modules of Chinese Studies. The image of the CL library flashed across my mind. I remembered how I would travel to Bras Basah area to look for books on Chinese history and other stuff. It's been such a long time... ... Yes, I was once a Chinese Studies student. A part of me was linked to 中文系. It felt strange to realize that I have long lost that sense of belonging and attachment. What had happened to me?
Ban arrived at 3 plus and we proceeded to Ah Teng's Bakery where I indulged happily in a sinful cake set!
MS and Ban also placed their order.
MS ordered a William's - cake with pear fillings
Ban's chocolate and banana cake
My chocolate and cheese cake
We spent the lazy afternoon talking about 《色戒》, homosexuality, foreign talent, Hong Kong etc. MS left at 7 pm to meet SL and the 3 of us proceeded to the Hainanese coffee shop for dinner. Seems like a repeat telecast of what we had for lunch.
马来风光
海南猪扒
招牌豆腐
Conclusion: I spent the final hours of the long weekend EATING, EATING and EATING! There goes my diet plans!
updated at 23:20
2 comments:
Hi Xinjing,
Thumbs up for your new blog.;)
It seems like a food blog to me now......haha......
Anyway, since u also like eating, I recommend u this blog:
www.ieatishootipost.blogspot.com.
You can go feast around singapore now......;)
Haha, I also think it is turning into a food blog which I think it shouldn't be lor. But nothing interesting is happening so I ended up blogging about food! :)
Post a Comment