The past one week was rather relaxed, though I still felt tired.
I met some interesting teachers while doing recording of marks. There was this very “flamboyant” teacher, J, aged 32, in my group. She was very eager to share with us her life story and experiences and by the end of the 2nd day, we knew quite a lot about her. I am surprised how someone could so easily and readily open up to strangers. I don’t think I can ever do that.
J led an interesting life. According to her, she was from the construction industry. She has tried many jobs before and what impressed me most was her experience in the retail industry. Born with flawless skin, she worked as a salesgirl in some departmental store, selling skin care and cosmetics. She also volunteered at some orchid shop where she worked for free and the boss only paid for her transport and meals. She is very eloquent and I think she would have excelled if she stayed on in retail or sales line. J shared with us her traveling experiences. She has been to Europe where she stayed for a long time. She did some part-time work there which helped to finance her expenses. She has also traveled from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, where she took train to Guangzhou and then proceeded to Tibet and Chengdu. She also went to Yunnan and was telling us how much she loved Lijiang. She also went to Everest Base Camp quite some time ago. This December, she would be going to Hong Kong with her mum and once she reached Singapore, she would be taking another flight to Paris and England with her boyfriend (an ang moh from New Castle, England but has stayed in Singapore for 10 years). Oh yes, she told us about her experiences with Speed Dating, organized by SDU.
J is an ardent fan of Anna Sui. She showed us her collection of Anna Sui cosmetics. While waiting for work to be done, she killed time by powdering her face and drawing her eye using liquid eyeliner. Her skills are impressive! Everyday, she would come to the marking centre in a beautiful dress and perfect face. She told us she has been to Hua Hin for those detox trips. She has tried “flushing” out the toxics in her colon before and claimed that the “slimming” sessions in Hua Hin really worked wonders.
I would have found it hard to believe that such a person actually exists in Singapore if I had not met her personally!
The other 2 ladies in my group were also quite well-dressed and well-groomed. I think I need to face the wall and think about how much negative externalities I have generated. Haha!
I met some interesting teachers while doing recording of marks. There was this very “flamboyant” teacher, J, aged 32, in my group. She was very eager to share with us her life story and experiences and by the end of the 2nd day, we knew quite a lot about her. I am surprised how someone could so easily and readily open up to strangers. I don’t think I can ever do that.
J led an interesting life. According to her, she was from the construction industry. She has tried many jobs before and what impressed me most was her experience in the retail industry. Born with flawless skin, she worked as a salesgirl in some departmental store, selling skin care and cosmetics. She also volunteered at some orchid shop where she worked for free and the boss only paid for her transport and meals. She is very eloquent and I think she would have excelled if she stayed on in retail or sales line. J shared with us her traveling experiences. She has been to Europe where she stayed for a long time. She did some part-time work there which helped to finance her expenses. She has also traveled from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, where she took train to Guangzhou and then proceeded to Tibet and Chengdu. She also went to Yunnan and was telling us how much she loved Lijiang. She also went to Everest Base Camp quite some time ago. This December, she would be going to Hong Kong with her mum and once she reached Singapore, she would be taking another flight to Paris and England with her boyfriend (an ang moh from New Castle, England but has stayed in Singapore for 10 years). Oh yes, she told us about her experiences with Speed Dating, organized by SDU.
J is an ardent fan of Anna Sui. She showed us her collection of Anna Sui cosmetics. While waiting for work to be done, she killed time by powdering her face and drawing her eye using liquid eyeliner. Her skills are impressive! Everyday, she would come to the marking centre in a beautiful dress and perfect face. She told us she has been to Hua Hin for those detox trips. She has tried “flushing” out the toxics in her colon before and claimed that the “slimming” sessions in Hua Hin really worked wonders.
I would have found it hard to believe that such a person actually exists in Singapore if I had not met her personally!
The other 2 ladies in my group were also quite well-dressed and well-groomed. I think I need to face the wall and think about how much negative externalities I have generated. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment