我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Montgomery, Alabama

We were at Alabama, the southern part of US, over the weekend.


We spent more than half the day flying from Boston to Atlanta and then to Montgomery. By the time we checked into the hotel, it was past 4 pm.

The hotel is located at the south of Montgomery. I like the hotel a lot - it has got this quiet calmness which I found very attractive.


My room


View from my room


Our US colleagues were very nice. Two of them sacrificed their Saturday evening and brought us out for dinner at this restaurant called Jubilee Seafood. I didn't have a chance to take photos. It would look quite strange if I were to take out my camera and snap photos of my food. I ordered a grilled grouper with pecans which was delicious!

We had a precious Sunday for us to rest. There was nothing much to see around the hotel so I stayed in the room almost the whole day. I only went down to the lobby area for breakfast and took a short walk before the team meet up for dinner at 5.30 pm.

This was my lunch.


I took some photos of the surroundings before dinner. See, the place is really "ulu"!!!







I have absolutely no chance to go shopping at all!

There goes my only weekend!

The place is so rural that we drove for an hour before finally deciding where to dine. We went to two "restaurants" and decided against eating there. The GPS wasn't very helpful. It took us on some deserted roads and we saw a black cat crossing the road for the second time in this trip! Black cat? Hmmm, I have one in my bag!

We decided to go back to Jubilee Seafood and it was closed! Luckily, we found a pretty nice restaurant nearby and we felt so relieved. Haha!

Adventure in Alabama!

No comments: