我的哲學之道

我的哲學之道

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Dark Sunday Morning

We had breakfast at TBP's Toast Box before watching "The Dark Knight" at GWC.

The 2.5-hour long movie was quite depressing. I left the cinema with a heavy heart. Is the movie really that fantastic? I don't have an immediate answer. I guess it's good but as I don't really fancy superhero movies, this is not my cup of tea. Heard too many reviews of the movie, hence finding it a little difficult to be objective. Yes, joker was well played. An Oscar nomination should be expected for the deceased actor. Yes, the movie has much more substance in terms of content. Yes, the entire movie was very dark - the title, the visual effects, the underlying tone and the messages that were put across......

The image of Joker wearing the doctor's robe kept popping into my mind. It was one of the few scenes shot in broad daylight. In a few seconds, the entire hospital was gone. The fumes were very grey, almost black......

I wonder, under what circumstances would a good man turn evil? Sometimes, when one loves too much, attaches too much affection on someone/something, this "obsession" can easily be used by another person to ignite feelings that are in a totally different direction......

Man can be very frightening......

No comments: