This weekend was a fruitful one.
On Saturday, I finally completed my first 15 km run! Woke up at 6 am, lazed around till 6.45 am before I decided to step out of the house. The run down Orchard Road, SMU, Clarke Quay was pretty good as the weather was quite ok. The thick clouds did help to filter off some of the sun. Great.
Then in the late morning, I went to Chinatown to do some toiletries shopping. I was very happy to find our TV finally in working condition when I came back. Yeah!!! One week without TV was a torture for a TV addict like me. Glad that my life is back to normal again.
Met up with MQ for tea at Royal Copenhagen. It was an intellectually stimulating session. I learnt a lot from her. She shared her corporate experience with me and gave me some advice on how to survive. It set me thinking. Perhaps, I have been too idealistic and have been living in my own fairy tale all along. Ha, she said she bring some Mister Donuts back from Taipei for me. So sweet of her!
After the tea session, I went to meet YQ and Ban for dinner at Citylink. We tried the Xin Wang Taiwan Cafe. Not bad. The guys went to the Book Fair at Suntec while I went shopping. At about 9 pm, I met up with YQ again and we went to visit ZW at his studio.
We had a long long chat till past 11 pm. It's been a while since we last saw him. The last few times were just "hi-bye" sessions. Our dear friend has changed a lot. Guess fatherhood and the career switch have both made him a different person. I miss those days where we would text each other to complain about the education system; the days where he would drop by after marking at SEAB and the get-togethers during school holidays...
He drove us home and we stopped by Happy Valley for a quick supper before we parted. I wonder when is the next time we will chat again...
No comments:
Post a Comment