After nearly 6 months, my HDB tai-tai life came to a close on Wednesday, 18 June 2008.
Yup, I am now back to the workforce and I am trying very hard to get used to a relatively routine lifestyle. It's only been 3 days and I miss my life as a home maker so much. I can no longer watch so much TV, wake up (and sleep) as and when I like, go shopping during other people's office hours and laze at home......
After 6 long years, returning to the corporate world is a very frightening experience for a timid person like me. I guess I would have to learn to protect myself and work smart. Oh, must learn to combat Monday blues too ......
Honestly, I think home maker is the job that suits me the most (haha) but sad to say, I can't do this forever. The time has come for me to face reality and go back to the harsh REAL world. I still do not know what I really want. I guess I may never find the answer. Perhaps I shouldn't even dwell on this topic in the first place. I might be happier if I could just stop thinking so much.
My new boss told me on my first day that no one is happy every day but if one is happy on most days, it would be good enough.
I guess I need to change the way I perceive things. At the end of the day, it's all a matter of perception, isn't it?
5 comments:
加油!
謝謝!你也一樣!再過兩個多月就可以放產假了!:)
U boss comment sounds so philosophyical, but at least u ve the chance to relax as a hdb tai tai, this is really a good break. i m so envy! Ur boss sounds quite nice in some way! Welcome back though!
Thank you! It may seem like a long break but it's still not enough for me. :)
Perhaps you should tell your boss that she can try to make your every day happier ones by being a better boss... ... And a better boss means giving less work, be polite and nice, give you good increment and fat bonus etc etc... Ha ha... ...
Post a Comment